Speech Trainer; Speech Language Pathologist
COSLP.0002431, CO Special Services Provider
CASP8535, CA Clinical or Rehabilitative Services Credential
I am a speech language pathologist, having obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in speech and hearing sciences from the University of Iowa and a Master of Science degree in speech pathology from the University of Arizona. I am licensed and credentialed to provide speech pathology services in both Colorado and California.
Speech training is my passion, and being a lifelong learner, I have pursued additional credentials and certifications. These include:
- 20 hours of continuing education in accent consulting to obtain Preferred Trainer Status with LDS Associates
- P-ESL (Pronouncing English as a Second Language) Accent Modification Method Instructor Certification from the Institute of Language and Phonology
- 120 Hour Master TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Certificate with the 40 Hour English Grammar Endorsement from the Bridge Education Group
- 28 hours of required continuing education to treat orofacial myofunctional disorders, obtaining membership in the IAOM (International Association of Orofacial Myology)
While I am a Hawkeye at heart, I have had the privilege of living out west for many years. Hiking, camping, fishing and skiing have become passions of mine. I’m not a double-black diamond skier yet (nor probably will ever be), but the mountains beckon me throughout the year. There is no other place I’d rather be.
I have been blessed with unique opportunities of knowing very special people who come from cultures different than mine and consider those friendships that transcend language and cultural barriers to be one of life’s sweetest gifts.
- National parks I've visited in the United States 43% 43%
- States I've either lived in or been to 76% 76%
- Amount of time I wish I could hike, camp, ski or snowshoe 100% 100%